Why should I feed Horslyx Garlic Balancer?
- To help deter biting insects during the summer months.
- To help alleviate the irritation caused by sweet itch.
- For all horses, all year round for a multitude of health benefits.
- To balance any nutrient deficiencies in forage and grazing – helping to ensure your horse stays healthy and happy all year round.
- When fed at the recommended intake level for your horse alongside the correct amounts of good quality forage, Garlic Balancer removes the need for buckets of hard feed and so is cost effective and will save you money.
- Licking takes time and patience, which is perfect for horses that are stabled for long periods of time and can help reduce stress and boredom.
- Licking enhances saliva production, which helps support the digestive system.
Antioxidants: Antioxidants are the body’s natural defence against oxidative damage from free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) produced naturally within the body during immune challenge and in the defence against pathogens and play an important role in maintaining the health and integrity of all the different types of cells within the body. The major dietary antioxidants include Vitamin E and Selenium. Imbalances in pro-oxidant production and antioxidant capacity have been linked to ageing, muscle fatigue during exercise and to a number of diseases in horses (DJ Marlin, CE Dunnett and CM Deaton, 2005).