Dengie Hi-Fi Original Horse Feed 20kg
The original high-fibre maintenance feed for leisure horses and ponies.
Providing approximately 8 MJ/Kg of slow release energy and a consistent level of natural nutrients, Dengie Hi-Fi Original can be used alongside other forages to encourage browsing behaviour when horses are stabled.
Dengie Hi-Fi Original can also be fed as a partial hay replacer. The average section of hay weighs around 2kgs which can be replaced with 2kgs of Hi-Fi Original. As Dengie Hi-Fi Original is a short ‘chop’ it takes as long to eat as the equivalent weight of hay or haylage and so helps to keep horses occupied and satisfied. Unlike hay and haylage which can vary in nutritional content from batch to batch, Hi-Fi Original provides consistent nutrition.
*The alfalfa in Hi-Fi Original is dried at a very high temperature which reduces mould. Extraction processes are used to reduce the dust content.
- Suitable for horses & ponies in light work or at rest
- Contains naturally occurring vitamins & minerals
- Partial hay replacer
- High fibre
- Contains alfalfa
Hi-Fi Original can be fed as the sole energy source: just add a broad-spectrum vitamin and mineral supplement or balancer.
The amount and kind of work your horse or pony is doing is an important factor when calculating the quantity and type of feed to give. Try to use a fibre based diet to promote a healthy digestive system and only use cereal based feeds if absolutely necessary.
- Convalescence/Resting - Horses on box rest, or turned away
- Light work - Maximum of 1 hour per day hacking, mostly at walk with some trotting and cantering, or 30 minutes of schooling, mostly at the trot with some canter
- Medium work - Schooling, dressage, show-jumping, novice or intermediate 1 day eventing or hunting 1 day per week
- Hard Work - Advanced one day events. 3 day events, hunting 2 days per week, polo and all forms of racing
Typical analysis: (%) ‘as fed’
Protein 10, Oil 1.5, Fibre 35, Ash (mineral) 9, Digestible Energy 8MJ/kg
Alfalfa, Cereal straw, Molasses, Mould Inhibitor.